Do you or a teen in your life struggle with anger management? Anger is inevitable but we can learn alternatives to reacting harmfully in stressful situations. This accelerated anger management course for youth teaches making healthy decisions, identifying emotions – especially anger – and managing them in healthy, effective ways.
Teens are dealing with stress and conflict in the classroom, with their friends and in their homes at unprecedented levels. COVID-19, remote learning and isolation has impacted teens ability to manage anger and resolve conflicts productively.
At The Conflict Center, our anger management course teaches teens how to cool down, manage stress, and learn how conflict can be a force for positive change. We teach teens to work through defensiveness and build a shared understanding with people in multiple areas of their life. In the end, you and the young person in your life can find mutually beneficial solutions to sources of conflict.
This accelerated anger management for teens utilizes interactive activities so youth ages 11-17 and families can learn and apply new skills in their lives. Classes are conducted in a group format, which allows students to learn from one another’s diverse experiences. Each person who completes our class gains skills to approach conflict as an opportunity for growth and problem solving.
Your abilities will be transformed as you:
- Identify multiple choices for any decision and consider potential positive and negative consequences of these choices
- Stop and think before acting
- Communicate needs, wants and feelings in a healthy and productive way
- Understand the difference between passive, aggressive and assertive conflict styles
- Recognize and understand the positive and negative attributes of anger
- Recognize the physiological signs of anger and personal triggers
Register a teen in your life today for an anger management course.
We are pleased to offer a class that often fulfills court order requirements. Please note that it is the participant’s responsibility to ensure this class qualifies for their specific situation. Participants receive a certificate after completion of the course.